Quick and easy way to migrate data from MS Access to PostgreSQL is to use our two-way database conversion and synchronization software.
Migrate MS Access queries to PostgreSQL views automatically with no need to know about the differences between SQL dialects.
Top 6 Reasons to Migrate from Microsoft Access to PostgreSQL:
PostgreSQL is completely free.
Deployment of information.
Management of large volume of data.
Multiple-user database access.
Integrity and Backup management.
Hardware / Platform choices.
Find out more information about benefits of migrating data from Access to Server data engines
As an option, you can save data into PostgreSQL dump file or generate PHP script if you don’t have direct access to target PostgreSQL Server.
You can transfer the whole Access database or choose the only needed schemas, tables, queries, fields, indices and foreign keys at customization stage.
Automate the conversion process with job scheduler. Start the programs in command line mode with predefined parameters.
Read here trial versions limitations
- Access queries to MS SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL views conversion support
- MS Access Work Groups support
- Linked tables support
- Saving data into a PostgreSQL Dump and PHP script for export to PostgreSQL database
- Direct access to PostgreSQL server, not through ODBC like other similar converters
- PostgreSQL schemes support
- Ability to connect to PostgreSQL 9.x/7.4 located on Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Window machines
- Speed conversion with Bulk and Quantization features
- Also see common features for all DBConvert tools
- Access 2000 or higher
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 Redistributable package
- Necessary privileges to write into database on the target PostgreSQL server (this requirement is optional as there is an option to overcome the restrictions using dump file or PHP Script)